Co 7 units responded to an auto accident with possible confinement in the area of 760 Mont Alto Road on 1/30/15. Two autos were involved. One patient with minor injuries was taken to Chambersburg Hospital for evaluation.
News and Recent Incidents
Auto Accident with Possible Confinement 760 Mont Alto Road – 7-5 Box | January 31, 2015
Two auto accidents so far for 1/7/15 | January 8, 2015
Co 7 units responded to the first auto accident at 2720 Williamsburg Circle in Greene Township. The second auto accident was on Interstate 81 in the South bound lane just before exit 20. A 15-81-7 box. Command 15 held company 15, Cumberland County ambulance 73 placed all other units in service.
Auto accident and CO alarm | January 8, 2015
Co 7 units responded to two incidents on 1/6/15. The first one was an auto accident 1620 Coldsmith Road in Greene Township that involved a plow truck and a passenger vehicle. There was one injury and that patient was taken to Chambersburg Hospital by 7 EMS. The second incident was a CO alarm activation 7074 Bally Bunion Court in Guilford Township box 5-01.
Auto Accident with ejection 5100 LWE 7-5 Box | January 8, 2015
Co 7 units responded to an auto accident with ejection in the 5100 block of Lincoln Way East in Guilford Township on 1/5/15. Two autos were involved. One patient with serious injuries was air lifted to a trauma center and another patient was taken to Chambersburg Hospital for evaluation.
House Fire 11,334 Weather Stone Drive Box 4-03 | January 8, 2015
—————————–OUTDOOR GUN AND CASH BASH—————————– Top Prize 190″ Class Hunt @ Gsell’s | December 25, 2014
OUTDOOR GUN AND CASH BASH
SATURDAY JUNE 6th
MUST BE 21 or older to attend
$10 each ticket
PURCHASE MANY OF THESE TICKETS FOR A CHANCE AT SOME
GREAT PRIZES SUCH AS THE FOLLOWING:
12:00 Prize—–190″ Class Hunt at Gsell’s
4:50 Prize —– $4000 Cash Prize
5:00 Prize—-Polaris 570 Camo 4-wheeler
PLUS MANY OTHER GREAT GUNS AND CASH PRIZES
SEE TICKET FOR DETAILS
LUCKY “7” DRAWING | December 25, 2014
Lucky “7” Drawing
Saturday February 21st
ONLY 400 TICKETS SOLD
Must be 21 years or Older-ID Required
CALL 717-352-7723 FOR TICKETS BEFORE THEY SELL OUT!!!!
TOP CASH PRIZE OF $1,000.00
Department Christmas Party | December 22, 2014
Members rejoiced and spent the afternoon at the 2nd annual department Christmas Party held at the fire department. Current members and their family joined together and all had a wonderful time. Thanks to all that came out and have a wonderful Christmas!
Smoke Investigation | December 19, 2014
December 18th – Company 7 and surrounding departments were alerted around 8:21 PM to 944 Stony Bridge Drive for smoke inside the apartment complex. Assistant Chief 7 (Investigation) arrived on the scene to find a middle of the row apartment complex with heavy smoke in apartment 942. Engine 7-2 and Engine 17-2 arrived and took positions on Sides Alpha and Bravo. Crews entered the structure to find burnt food on the stove. The box was held by command (D/C 7) to company 7 and 17. Crews remained on the scene for around 30 minutes for ventilation and utilities.
Have a Safe Christmas! | December 18, 2014
Christmas tree safety tips
Each year, fire departments respond to an average of 210 structure fires caused by Christmas trees. Carefully decorating Christmas trees can help make your holidays safer.
Picking the tree
- If you have an artificial tree, be sure it is labeled, certified, or identified by the manufacturer as fire retardant.
- Choose a tree with fresh, green needles that do not fall off when touched.
Placing the tree
- Before placing the tree in the stand, cut 1″ – 2″ from the base of the trunk.
- Make sure the tree is at least three feet away from any heat source, like fireplaces, radiators, candles, heat vents or lights.
- Make sure the tree is not blocking an exit.
- Add water to the tree stand. Be sure to add water daily.
Lighting the tree
- Use lights that have the label of an independent testing laboratory. Some lights are only for indoor or outdoor use, but not both.
- Replace any string of lights with worn or broken cords or loose bulb connections. Connect no more than three strands of mini string sets and a maximum of 50 bulbs for screw-in bulbs. Read manufacturer’s instructions for number of LED strands to connect.
- Never use lit candles to decorate the tree.
- Always turn off Christmas tree lights before leaving home or going to bed.
- Get rid of the tree when it begins dropping needles. Dried-out trees are a fire danger and should not be left in the home or garage, or placed outside against the home. Check with your local community to find a recycling program. Bring outdoor electrical lights inside after the holidays to prevent hazards and make them last longer.